Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Right" Side of the Bed

Getting Up on the “Right” side of the Bed (January 15th, 2010)


So, it is late and I am sitting here trying to put my words on paper and don’t really know where to begin….

Yesterday was a horrible day…it started off wrong and ended wrong.
So, determined, I went to bed and I WAS going to get up on the “right” side of the bed tomorrow…

My daughter’s fiancée found out last night that he would be leaving for Haiti today to help with the repair of things after the earthquake. It ended up that he was not going to have to leave until Saturday and that is what started the ball rolling….

The wedding is just 5 weeks away from today and the unknown of whether Chad would be back in time or not began to set in for Alyssa. We started talking about getting the marriage license in time for the wedding… how and if all that could happen. The next thing I know…Alyssa is calling me to say they are just going to go to the court house and get married…just them…WOW!
I didn’t know what to say…I thought I was ok with it. I called Scott…He was speechless. He asked that I let him know….keep him updated. I sent a text to Alyssa. I wanted to be there.

I tried to explain my feelings, to explain that it meant the world to me to be there. NO, this wasn’t their wedding…but still, they were “getting married”. This is my little girl…spreading her wings…flying away…leaving our home…It mattered…It mattered more that I realized!

I was there…Scott and I did get to go….and now here we are.

At home.

There is happiness for her.

Sadness for us.

Pride for who she has become.

Worry for who she will be.

Deep love for all of us.

I hear her sisters & brother say it doesn’t seem real….cuz they weren’t there. I hear Alyssa say…it’s not “really” my wedding. I understand her. I understand them. I am happy for her. I am sad for them.

I am torn between two sets of feelings and torn between my children. I am their mother and my heart is in two….

So, did I get up on the “right” said of the bed?

NO….
and Yes….

Today was my daughter’s wedding day….


January 17th, 2010

It's a better day today! We have talked, prayed, laughed, cried and heard God say "Be Still! I am God"..."Trust in Me!" We are happy for Alyssa & Chad and look forward to seeing what God is going to do through and for them.

Life goes on for us all....and has begun for them...

I love you Alyssa...always and forever...unconditionally....to the moon and back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment